Career Opportunity – The Bahamas Agricultural Health & Food Safety Authority (BAHFSA)
The Animal Health Inspection Program Coordinator reports to the Veterinary Services (VS) Director and is responsible for the planning of the inspection program as well as the management and training of all staff involved in inspection activities. The successful candidate shall have strong teaching, communication, written and organizational skills to ensure that the inspection program is planned and managed effectively so as to implement and enforce the Act and to liaise with collaborating agencies in order to do so. This individual must be able to multitask and may be required to travel on occasion.
The duties of the Veterinarian (Animal Health Inspection Program Coordinator) include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in establishing and implementing an inspection plan and program;
- Identify and monitor prospective inspectors in the school and elsewhere;
- Train and facilitate the training of staff involved in inspection activities in BAHFSA and collaborating agencies;
- Organize/plan training workshops and other activities;
- Collaborate with agencies involved in inspection activities to establish inspection programs within each agency;
- Prepare presentation materials;
- Assist with public and agency awareness of SPS and other implementation activities;
- Engage in on the job training opportunities;
- Other responsibilities as requested.